Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day 28 - amazing

I will not be postin a picture today. For those who don't know, I have a brother Matthew who is 16. When he was 10 months old he received a heart transplant. As a result of the immune suppresent drugs that were needed for his body to not reject his body, his kidneys began failing. We've been waiting for the past 13 months for a kidney transplant. Last night around 1:30am my dad got the call from Loma Linda that there was a kidney waiting for Matthew. He went into surgery this morning and is now currently recovering beautifully. He's pumped up on some grand ol' morphine. His kidney is already functioning, which according to the medical staff NEVER happens. He truly is a walking miracle. I have my camera back at the hospital and just came home to change so I can stay the night there. Please continue to pray for a speedy recovery.

Jen

2 comments:

Dawn Malone said...

God is good, how wonderful! You and your brother are in our prayers!

C. watkins said...

We will!